Restoring Stability – Save the Dream Ohio
The Save the Dream Ohio (formerly Restoring Stability) Program is administered by the State of Ohio and is designed to assist homeowners working to save their homes from foreclosure. The program particularly focuses on homeowners who have experienced unemployment or other involuntary decrease in their income. To learn more about eligibility requirements for Save the Dream Ohio, click here.
The FIRST STEP is to complete a short Prescreen Questionnaire to receive your pre-screen approval code. NEXT, register on-line here. No counseling agency can assist you further until you register at the state’s website. If you are having difficulties with the online registration process, contact the Save the Dream Welcoming Center at 1-888-404-4674. The Welcoming Center will assist you in completing the online registration process.
- A statement of your monthly income (e.g. paycheck, benefits award letter, unemployment)
- Your most recent mortgage statement
- If your home loan has been modified in the last 6 months, provide your loan modification documents (the papers you signed to modify your loan)
- Your current property tax assessed property value**
- The purchase price of your home**
- The purchase date of your home**
NOTE: IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ASSEMBLE ALL OF THESE DOCUMENTS OR TO ANSWER ALL OF THE QUESTIONS ON THE SAVE THE DREAM OHIO WEBSITE, DON’T GIVE UP! ANSWER AS MANY QUESTIONS AS YOU CAN, AND SUBMIT AS MUCH INFORMATION AS YOU CAN. THIS WILL START THE PROCESS FOR YOU.