WIN’s HUD-certified housing counselors provide free one-on-one counseling to prevent foreclosure. Our counselors:
- Work with borrowers to negotiate with lenders for affordable and sustainable mortgage modifications
- Inform and assist homeowners to access local, state, and federal foreclosure prevention programs
- Help borrowers develop strategies to develop budgets and address credit issues
- Provide referrals to sources of emergency safety net assistance, legal help and other community resources
- Assist homeowners who decide that transitioning out of their home is best for their situation and want to pursue a short sale, deed-in-lieu, etc.
To schedule an appointment, contact WIN’s Home Preservation Department at (513) 541-4109 ext. 108.