The South Cumminsville Action Team is a group of concerned residents and their partners working together to make South Cumminsville stronger, safer, healthier, and more economically and environmentally sustainable.Community leaders and partners are developing solutions and taking action. Two early priorities of the team’s work include:
- Ensure safety of children walking and biking to/from Wayne Playfield by slowing down traffic on Beekman between Elmore and Dreman.
- Provide safe crossings for children, seniors and people with disabilities to cross at main intersections and destinations.
In support of these goals, the Action Team has accomplished a lot in the last year:
- Tree removed and sidewalk replaced on Beekman Street at Garfield Apartments. This sidewalk is now wheelchair accessible.
- Sidewalk between Mr. Gene’s and Fey’s Market – tall weeds have been cut and trees trimmed back. (Includes city-owned and private property.)
- Llewellyn Avenue Street sign has been replaced at Dreman Ave.
- Pedestrian signal at the corner of Dreman Ave and Beekman St. was updated to increase the amount of time to cross and includes a count-down signal.
- ODOT has agreed to keep Prang Street open. The traffic will be restricted to right hand turns from Prang to Elmore and right hand turns from Elmore to Prang.
- Signage on Llewellyn at corner of Elmore – “No trucks over 4 wheels”.
- Permanent lane striping with two lanes each direction on Beekman was completed.
- South Cumminsville was awarded funding from the Cincinnati Recreation Commission that will pay for improvements facilities Wayne Playfield, construction on restroom begins this fall.
- South Cumminsville was selected from several communities for the Cincinnati Reds Community Makeover. More than 400 volunteers from P&G, the Cincinnati Zoo, and the Reds will participate in a day-long blitz on major upgrades at Millvale Recreation Center and Wayne Field on August 6th.
- Two local corner stores (Beekman Market and Fey’s) engaged to participate in Center for Closing the Health Gap’s Health Corner Store program
- Pedestrian signal at Beekman and Dreman upgraded
- New playground signage at Wayne Playfield completed
The South Cumminsville Action Team meets every fourth Thursday of the month at 6:00 pm. Meetings are held in WIN’s Community Room at 1814 Dreman Avenue in South Cumminsville. For more information or to learn how you can get involved, contact Rigel Behrens at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (513)541-4109 x.102